Deck 13 Interactive, one of Germany’s most renowned game developers recently announced their latest project, The Surge. The game will be present at E3 2016 in Los Angeles from June 14-16. It will be releasing in 2017 on Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Set in the near future, you will play an employee in a massive international company dedicated to repairing the atmosphere and addressing climate control. Working in the factory, you will be equipped with an advanced mechanical exoskeleton suit to help with industrial labor. When danger appears, you will need to upgrade your exoskeleton to fight and survive.
The combat system for the game is brutal, fast-paced and tactical. Developers have incorporated an innovative limb targeting system that will allow you to attack and cut off specific limbs, farming materials to craft upgrades for your exo-suit. Enemy design will vary, with some enemies having more or less armor on their arms or legs. Going for the easy kills won’t give much loot, so players will likely opt for modules and crafting materials that can give a combative edge.
Screenshots released today reveal some of the security forces you’ll be up against in The Surge. Many enemies use the same exo-suit technology as you and have tools built for combat — making them incredibly deadly opponents. During your adventure, you will not only face enemies your own size, but also towering mechanical enemies, armed to the teeth.
- Tight, visceral hardcore action RPG combat with make-shift industrial weapons
- A unique dismemberment and upgrade system utilizing cybernetic implants
- Fight in a dystopian world full of mystery and learn about the events surrounding The Surge
- Battle an array of huge industrial bosses
- Craft, upgrade, and build new weapons with loot and blueprints
Latest posts by Kayla Hekimian-Williams (see all)
- Moto Racer 4 Coming Soon to PS4 & Xbox One - October 26, 2016
- Pokémon Go Announces In-Game Halloween Event - October 24, 2016
- The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land to Release Content Based on the Show’s 7th Season - October 24, 2016