Sophie’s Guardian, a VR survival/horror FPS game is now available for early access on the HTC Vive starting October 21, 2016, with other platforms to be determined.
GameCoder Studios, in collaboration with Render Farm Studios will be releasing the game Halloween 2016. The title is Modding friendly. The VR Survival Horror FPS features three unique game modes, which includes a unique puppeteer mode for players who would like to share the experience with friends who don’t own a VR system yet.
The game brings a little girl’s nightmares to life and provides hours of entertainment as you aim to break the scoreboards and play locally with friends — using only one VR headset. The early access will provide the developers with valuable feedback about gameplay and existing modding tools.
Sophie, a 9-year-old girl, and her mom recently moved to a very old house at the outskirts of town. As soon as they arrive, Sophie explores the house with Griff, a worn out teddy bear who is also her best friend. The girl finds a rusty key and opens the door of a locked room over the second floor. The room is filled with things forgotten by the previous owners… there are scribbles on the walls, and the place has an eerie vibe. Suddenly, Sophie is surrounded by tiny red eyes. Sophie suddenly can’t move. A crooked voice whispers, “You’re not welcome.” Skinny long doll arms take her away as she drops her teddy bear to the floor. When night comes, Griff the teddy bear wakes up. He desperately looks around Sophie, but she is nowhere to be found. Griff hears tiny steps and a whisper behind him saying, “She is ours now.” Griff won’t let Sophie down — he will do whatever it takes to save her…
- The Puppeteer Mode: The players take turns to manipulate the doll’s spawn points with the use of a game pad. That affects directly on how the dolls attack the player that is using the headset. In other words, one player protects Sophie of being attacked and the other player triggers the evil dolls’ waves.
- The Gunslinger Mode: Tests your accuracy, reflexes and dexterity with thev increasing hordes of evil dolls. The player must survive the longest while more and more dolls keep coming. This game mode features global and local scoreboards.
- The Guardian Mode: Here’s where Sophie and Griff’s story can be experienced. The player faces 15 evil dolls’ waves and the victory is achieved by defeating all the enemies including the final boss.
Like what you just read? Please help us produce quality content by supporting us on Patreon.
Latest posts by Kayla Hekimian-Williams (see all)
- Moto Racer 4 Coming Soon to PS4 & Xbox One - October 26, 2016
- Pokémon Go Announces In-Game Halloween Event - October 24, 2016
- The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land to Release Content Based on the Show’s 7th Season - October 24, 2016