Novaquark announced Dual Universe, the first player-made, customizable, massive “continuous single-shard” game. Powered by cutting edge technology, players will be able to freely edit the world and build things from spaceships to cities or empires — with no size restrictions. The game will play as a Sci-Fi MMORPG and will be from a first person perspective. Dual Universe will take place in a vast, realistic universe composed of millions of planets. Emergent collective gameplay will be based on exploration, mining, crafting, trade, politics and warfare.
The concept for Dual Universe utilizes an innovative server technology (Continuous Single-Shard Cluster) that allows all players to play in the same world, at the same time, without slicing the game universe into instances or zones. For the first time in this type of game, the world will be completely modifiable. Players will be able to build together, cooperate or compete. The game aspires to allow the in-game community to make choices and create the content they want to play in.
Novaquark’s founder, J.C. Baillie says:
“I am a huge fan of games like Eve Online and Space Engineers. I took inspiration from such games to imagine what could be the future of the MMO experience: a continuous world with planets, huge building possibilities, social and political aspects, but without the boundaries that so often restrict the gameplay. This idea needs a lot of tech and emergent game design that is not so far from AI and other fields I’m familiar with. So, I got a first prototype working back in 2014, and Novaquark was born soon after.”
- Boundless Massively Multiplayer Game: potentially millions of players can share the same universe at the same time. One world, no boundaries, no zones, no instances.
- Rich emergent gameplay mechanisms enable players to create their own societies.
- Fully editable world: dig, deploy, craft, create and shape almost everything.
- Giant player-made ships and constructions can be inhabited and host large crews.
- Immersive first person view in a futuristic sci-fi universe.
- Realistic in-game economy (based on market orders and financial tools).
- Scriptable constructions (ships, buildings, etc) using LUA: players can build their own piloting, AI or factory automation.
See more at: www.dualthegame.com
Latest posts by Kayla Hekimian-Williams (see all)
- Moto Racer 4 Coming Soon to PS4 & Xbox One - October 26, 2016
- Pokémon Go Announces In-Game Halloween Event - October 24, 2016
- The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land to Release Content Based on the Show’s 7th Season - October 24, 2016